Thursday, February 7, 2013

Ten Thousand Reasons

Life is interesting when you are baby sitting grandchildren. I'm now keeping my granddaughter and one of the grandsons a couple of times a week. They are endless bundles of energy. They learn so fast at this age and I find more time to think about what I did with my own kids and what mistakes I made with them. So, I try to do better with the grandkids. I have found that the 4 year old is learning Spanish pretty quickly watching Dora. amazing. The 11 month old is talking up a storm and nearly walking. He learns at the speed of lightning. He knows how to wave bye, bye and kiss and high five. It reminds me to always keep telling them about God and his wonderful love for them. I teach them songs at breakfast and the little one eats better if I play Matt Redman's song "Ten Thousand Reasons". I can just see him singing it one day. What could be better? The four year old sang this song to a group of ladies at the church and amazed them. They were saying, "American Idol"! It's such fun to help with the grandkids. Please enjoy this time if you have the opportunity.

1 comment: