Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Run the Race


Run the Race



I looked at this picture and thought of this Scripture verse. It is a picture of my two

youngest granddaughters running at Easter. They're not worried about the race, nor do they

 seem to be competing with each other. They just enjoy the thrill of running. They are racing 

toward some unseen prize that lies before them. It struck me that this should

be my attitude as I run the race of life. I should not worry about the race, or how I am doing 

compared to others who are running. Rather I should run with the desire to be more like

 Jesus everyday. He has set before me a course just for me. 

"And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us." Hebrews 12:1b

I've been involved in a small group study the last few months on the subject of practicing godliness. I hope and pray that God is changing me into someone who seeks to be gentle and patient and cultivate a heart of kindness that shows goodness to those I encounter along the race that God has set before me. 


My prayers go out for those who were injured as well as the families of those who lost loved ones in terrorist attack that took place during the Boston Marathon. 






1 comment: